ARC Research Units
A major ARC initiative has been the creation of ten ARC Research Units.
Each ARC Research Unit contains researchers from several member institutions. Units have arisen through joint research interests or facilities identified by researchers themselves leading to submission and approval of a business plan outlining joint investment required and targets to be achieved. Member institutions have provided resources for each Unit and provide additional infrastructural support.
- Aberdeen Centre for Energy Regulation and Obesity (ACERO) (RRI, UoA, RGU, NHS, SAC)
- Aberdeen Centre for Environmental Sustainability
- Aberdeen Population Ecology Research Unit (APERU) (UoA, CEH, MI, FRS, BIOSS)
- Centre for Biomedical Functional Imaging (UoA, NHS)
- Centre for Bone Research (UoA, NHS)
- Institute of Applied Health Science (IAHS) (UoA, NHS)
- Northern Studies Centre
- Rural Development and Land Use Change
- Scottish Fish Immunology Research Centre (UoA, FRS)
- The Soil Health Initiative